Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ein-Kerem!

We started our trip this day by going to the Chagall Windows. There are 12 windows and each of them depict the personality of each of the 12 tribes. My favorite was the orange window and I thought to myself "That's got to be my tribe" and it was Joseph's window. Here's a website that shows each of the 12 windows: www.md.huji.ac.il/chagall/chagall.html.
After the windows we walked down to Ein-Kerem. This is the most beautiful place on earth! It's a small quaint town that is famed to be the birth place of John the Baptist. We spent most of the days wandering. It was quiet, not too many people were out and about and the paths and streets were gorgeous, not to mention the view or the awesome hike we took to get there. We saw a lot of local churches like the Church of the Visitation and an amazing Russian Orthodox church. Of all the places I've been to so far, this is my favorite. We did a whole load of hiking and I feel completed.

Most of our group by Mary's spring in Ein Kerem

-Jecia-

No comments:

Post a Comment