Friday, January 9, 2009

Well I officially realized I was headed to a whole different place when I was on the flight over. I got up to go to the bathroom and there was an Islamic gentleman with his head in the corner of the back of the plane and he was chantting this beautiful song. I almost felt guilty go to the bathroom.
We also got to visit the city in a city tour. This is the coolest city ever, bu let me tell you I have never felt more like a "peculiar people" more in my life. It was very evident to every person in that city that we were not locals. It also was interesting to see all the soldiers with there massive guns that they tote around 24/7. Even when they are off duty they carry their guns; because, if their gun is stolen then they get some kind of harsh penalty.
Today was the first day of classes and it was intense. They basicaly expext us to read the entire old testament in 9 weeks. It will be an adventure.
I love it here and I can not wait to get to go explore more in the city.
-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment