Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eliza contortionist extrodinare

I have decided to turn over a new leaf. I am going to write at least once a week for the next week. We'll see how this goes.
Yesterday was a great adventure and I really wanted to share.
We went on a field trip yesterday and I missed my bus. But don't worry I was able to jump onto Jecia's bus. Yet another amazing feat brought to you by Eliza. After all my years of group travel I would be the one to end up on the wrong bus... twice.
We went to the place of Samson and Dalila and David and Goliath. We built a Goliath out of boxes, they gave us slings and we went at it. It was probably not the most wise decision and I am pretty sure that the box Goliath was laughing inside. Let me tell you though, those birds flying by had something to worry about. Jecia did finally fling the death blow, I was so proud. Soon after that she almost took out Mike's teeth too. It was an adventure to be sure.
The trip ended with a visit to Micah's cave. It was a labarith of caves under ground. I loved it. We were climbing in and out of the smallest holes imaginable. One tunnel is now nick named the birthing cannal. But Lindsey and I went exploring through the longest birth cannal of my life. The whole time we were army crawling, crawling on hands and knees and shimmying our way through some of the smallest entries ever. This morning I woke up with the soarest rib cage/ core of my life. I was snakeing over and under rocks like no other. By the end of the exploration I was covered in chalk like dirt from head to foot and I loved it.
This land is beautiful and so diverse. Within an hour if where I live there is almost every form of geology imaginable. Hope everything is good at home.

-Eliza-

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! i don't think i could have gone through those small caves/ holes you were talking about- i was shaking even just reading about your experience.... it would be nightmarish for me.... good job and props to you for your braveness

    ReplyDelete